Harold C. Hubka
Mr. Hubka began practicing as a trial lawyer and now has over 20 years of experience in commercial litigation. Currently, he practices with Cobb Cole's Litigation Section, but his practice is not limited to commercial litigation. During his career, Mr. Hubka has expanded his practice to the areas of real property, corporate, contract and health care law where his litigation experience can help craft solutions to difficult "deal" issues and draft contracts designed to withstand scrutiny in litigation. His expansion into these practice areas was primarily at the request of clients who desired that he continue to provide legal services after representing them in litigation.
With his broad base of experience, Mr. Hubka not only assists clients with contract litigation, construction litigation, construction liens, foreclosures and foreclosure defense, but he also routinely handles real estate transactions, including closings, loans and title insurance policies. Mr. Hubka additionally oversees business transactions from the formation of entities to negotiation of contracts, including but not limited to contracts for the purchase and sale of businesses. In particular, Mr. Hubka has developed a client base of physicians, physicians' groups and other health care organizations, and can assist them with matters such as employment agreements, purchase and sale of physician practices, buy-out agreements, STARK law issues and Anti-Kickback Statute issues.
While in law school Mr. Hubka served as Chairman of the International Moot Court Team from 1973-74 and Executive Editor of the Law Review from 1973-74.
- Approved Title Agent: Chicago Title Insurance Company, Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company and Old Republic National Title Insurance Company (through Attorneys' Title Fund Services, LLC)
- Graduate: Leadership Daytona, Class X (1990)
- Mr. Hubka served as a key part of the trial team that represented the Bert Fish Foundation, Inc., in the largest Sunshine Law violation case in the state of Florida to date. In large part due to Mr. Hubka's services, the Bert Fish Foundation was successful at obtaining a judgment in favor of the Bert Fish Foundation, Inc. See Bert Fish Foundation, Inc. v. Southeast Volusia Hospital District, et al., Case No.: 2010-20801-CINS, 7th Judicial Circuit, Volusia County, Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Trial Practice
- Business and Corporate Law
- Civil Litigation
- Florida, 1974
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1975
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1991
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. cum laude - 1974
- Law Review: Law Review, Executive Editor, 1973 - 1974
- Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina
- B.A. cum laude - 1971
- Major: Business
- Halifax Community Health Systems
- Sun Glow Construction, Inc
- Hospice of Volusia/Flagler
- Independent Medical Co-Op, Inc
- Florida Health Care, Plans, Inc
- Midwest Transit, Inc.
- Global City Center, LLC
- Halifax Insurance Plan, Inc
- Tomoka Eye Associates, P.A.
- Patient Business and Financial, Inc
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Directors Volusia County Junior Achievement
- Board of Governors, Young Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar, Past Member
- Trial Lawyers Section, Florida Bar
- Real Property Section, Florida Bar
- Health Care Law Section, Florida Bar
- Volusia County Bar Association